Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year, New Goals (part I)

2010 is coming to a close just as quickly as it came. My family has had several life-changing events this year, including my husband's major career change and the birth of our second daughter. I'm very excited to see what 2011 has in store for us!

I've never been one for New Year's resolutions, mainly because I could never see the point. It's not like after the New Year you are magically a different person ready to do the things you couldn't do before. (I guess one thing I could resolve to work on is my cynicism.) But this year I'm going for it. I'm going to treat 2011 like a fresh slate, pretend I AM a different person, and do my best to change some things.

Here's my top ten....

1) Be a more patient wife and mother.
2) Try harder to give others the benefit of the doubt.
3) Be more charitable.
4) Give more offerings to the church.
5) Institute a permanent Family Home Evening night and stick to it.
6) Be a better friend (all of mine will tell you I am horrible at keeping up with them).
7) Figure out a way to tell my toddler "no" a little less often.
8) Lose this baby weight!
9) Join a gym and go 3 times a week.
10) Try new foods (vegetables).

There you have it. My list. Now I need to setup some mini-goals for each of these and some timeframes and I'll be all set. But this is a good start. After all, a goal not written is only a wish.

What are some of your New Year's resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Launch my virtual training website & do a handstand push up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm going to tune in as you work your way to a better you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thegetinshapegirl- That sounds awesome! I think if you can do a handstand pushup the only other place to go is to life a car or something. =)

    Claudia- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete