Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

A day in the life...


... of me!

I've been saving this post for one of those days when I have no clue what to write about. I loved reading what my fellow contributors' days are like. My day is very different from their days, for instance, I had someone vomit down my back this morning. TMI? Sorry.

6:30-7:00am: Avery's waking up (she typically sleeps 7-7), nurse her and watch the news.

8:00am: Avery's down for her first nap. EK is up by this time, playing in her room waiting for me to go get her.

8:10am: Get EK dressed, teeth brushed, and hair combed.

8:20am: Try to get myself dressed, teeth brushed, and hair combed. If I'm lucky, I'll have time for a shower.

8:40am: Breakfast. EK usually eats a couple whole grain waffles, no syrup or butter, just waffles. Lately I've been mixing up a green monster, EK will usually drink a cup of this with her waffles. We're usually watching cartoons right now, too.

9:00am: Pick up stray toys, vacuum the family room and start a load of laundry.

9:30am: If we're not going anywhere for the morning (like story time or play dates) I'll begin working on "my stuff." I've usually always got some kind of something going on. Right now I'm crocheting and sewing Christmas gifts. I like to get EK working on her own crafts at this time as well. That lasts a few minutes until she's in the play room wreaking havoc.

10:30am: Avery's up. Nurse.

11:00am: Start thinking about what's for lunch. Get EK outside with the dog for some exercise and fresh air.

12:00pm: Lunch. EK eats a lot of PB and J on whole wheat with raisins or apple slices. Lately I've been craving grilled cheese on whole wheat with tomato soup. Mmmmm!

1:00pm: Nurse Avery and put her down for a nap.

1:30pm: EK goes down for her nap.

1:35pm: Sit, breathe, and sit some more.

2:00pm: Start cleaning up the kitchen from lunch and whatever other craziness went on in there.

2:30pm: Pick up the play room, fold clothes.

3:00pm: Avery's up from her nap. Nurse.

3:30pm: Play with Avery, take lots of pictures to fill my hard drive with.

4:00pm: Start thinking about dinner and getting ready for Anthony to come home.

4:30pm: Nurse Avery and put her down for her last nap of the day.

4:45pm: Start cooking dinner.

5:00pm: EK is up from her nap.

5:15pm: Avery's up. Nurse.

5:30pm: Dinner. Last night it was seasoned panko-coated chicken breasts baked in the oven with rice and green beans. Easy, fast, and filling (and good).

6:00pm: Family time... lots of playing going on.

6:30pm: Give Avery a bath and get her ready for bed.

7:00pm: Nurse Avery and put her to sleep.

7:15pm: EK's bedtime business. She gets a bath, her teeth brushed and hair combed, comfy PJs, a story, a song, and family prayer.

8:00pm: EK's in bed.

8:05pm: Relax and watch some TV. Usually Real Housewives on Bravo.

9:00pm: Clean up the kitchen.

9:30pm: Bedtime.

That's pretty much my day. Just sprinkle about 15 dirty diapers in there and it's complete. There's nothing glamorous about it, and it might even seem pretty boring, but I wouldn't give up being a full-time Mom for anything.

4 comments:

  1. my primary reaction to this is: you have an AWESOME schedule, you feed EK really well, and avery is an awesome sleeper! tell me you use babywise, and i'll be a very happy camper (since that's the book i've been advised to read and live by with our little girl).

    you're amazing, ashlee. far from boring, i think this day is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're going to love being a mom... it is wonderful. At first these kind of days depressed me. I was very lonely. I think something very important to being a mom is having mommy partners in crime. That's my biggest piece of advice to new moms. Seek out people to have play dates with.

    I use Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and Happiest Baby on the Block. I highly recommend both, but especially the first. That book saved my emotional well being when EK was a baby. She didn't sleep through the night until 6 months (that's when I read the book). I was a stressed-out mess. This time around things have been so much easier after applying the guidance in the book from the get go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! You have to tell me how you get Avery to nap so well! My little one does so great at night, but naps are a big struggle for us.

    And I agree with teachergirl, this day is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, I can't take credit, it's all in the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. He teaches to have baby down within first hour of being awake and to not have them awake during the day for more than 2 hours at a time (thus the 3 naps a day).

    ReplyDelete