Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our readers! I hope that you are having a beautiful day with loved ones and you are enjoying delicious food and wonderful company. I know I am.

On this day, like the other ladies of "So Maybe Mom Was Right," I have so much to be grateful for.

First and foremost, this guy:




Those who know me, know that I am not a "pda" type girl...and that includes internet posts. But my husband is phenomenal (in supporting my nutso health and fitness endeavors, and otherwise). Period.



I'm also thankful for this whole clan:


My family is not perfect (whose is?), but they are everything I need. The good times I spend with them keep me happy and healthy. I'm thankful for their health.

The same goes for my inlaws...also fabulous.

I'm thankful for gorgeous Florida weather, perfect for just about any activity (except skiing, I guess). It's 65 degrees here right now. In a moment, I'm going to go outside and play with our 7 (yes 7!) doggies. I don't think think there is any better kind of exercise.

I'm thankful for my tendency to embrace new challenges and for second changes. I'm glad that on those (rare) occasions that I screw up (haha), with my healthy living journey or otherwise, that it can be rectified just as quickly.

Also, rockstar fitness instructors that inspire me. The days when I push myself 1 step/1 rep further than I think I can, and never regreting it.

I'm thankful for my job. Forget the fact that I am happier at work than I have been in years (talk about doing wonders for your health!), I'm also thankful for the clients I meet. As I've mentioned before, my job consists of working with people who have physical, mental, and/or emotional disabilities. Every day I meet people I might not otherwise meet in the sheltered university world and every day I learn something new. I also often learn the same thing, over and over. Recently I met someone who had become injured while helping a stranger change a flat tire on the side of the road. It was a serious, life changing injury. That person was still pleasant, hardworking, and happy.

Finally, I am thankful that a group of women came together to support eachother on their respective health and fitness journeys, and I'm thankful that they let me be a part of that. I am thankful that others chose to join us on this journey and any feedback they provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment