Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A little peek...

Because I am officially "on track" with my lifestyle changes (I am going to be a bridesmaid in December, which is helping motivate me), I thought I would give you a little peek into my pantry and fridge to see what I eat to stay on track.

1. Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter
This stuff is so good! I like to spread it on 1/2 an English Muffin (more on that later) and eat it on the go. And it has less fat and calories than traditional peanut butter.

For 2 Tbsp:
150 calories
12g Fat

2. Cabot Cheese Snack Pack
I buy these at Costco and they come in a bag that can last me up to 2 months! I love to eat them with turkey pepperoni (which is up next) or cut them up and put them on corn tortillas with chicken. Or to eat with apples. Or grapes. Or alone. Go crazy!

For 1 Snack Pack:
70 calories
4.5g Fat

3. Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
I could eat turkey pepperoni every day. I already told you it makes a great snack with Cabot cheese (I use half a serving of the pepperoni), but the best is when I put it on homemade pizza. so good!!

17 Pieces:
73 Calories
3.5g Fat

4. Thomas Light Multigrain English Muffins:
I buy these every time I go to the store. Delish in a peanut butter/honey combo or in a homemade Egg McMuffin...

Each Muffin:
100 Calories
1g Fat

5. Weight Watchers Yogurt
I have a love affair with key lime pie yogurt. The Weight Watchers version is amazing, especially when frozen (have you tried freezing your yogurt? Heaven!).

Each Yogurt:
100 Calories
.5g Fat

6. Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle
Whenever I am in need of a chocolate fix, this is where I turn. The ice cream is smooth, the flavor is delightful, and it is often on sale.

Each Truffle:
100 Calories
2f Fat

7. Madras Lentils
When I moved to DC, I fell in love with a restaurant called Kabob Palace. While the food is really good, the fat content is crazy! At the store, I found these lentils which almost taste like the rice and chickpeas from Kabob Palace and totally satisfies my cravings...

1/2 pack:
120 Calories
5g Fat

So there's your glimpse. What do you keep in your fridge to keep you on track?

6 comments:

  1. cheese. pepperoni. english muffins. sounds like mini-pizza time to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to try whipped peanut butter! I haven't noticed it in our grocery store, I'll have to look closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Virginia, I have only found the whipped peanut butter at a store called Harris Teeter. But I do believe that Publix also sells it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. peanut butter is my weakness! (so much so that i was even going to blog about it this week.) sometimes i have to put it in odd cupboards so i forget about it and am overjoyed when i stumble upon it. so good to know about whipped. i'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i keep my fridge completely stocked with lots of cooked chicken breast (to grab & go) and sweet potatoes. i chop them up & bake them for 30 minutes-ish on 350 with cinnamon sprinkled on. there i have it.. a complex carb & a protein for each meal. another major staple for me are the egg white cartons & joseph's whole wheat & flax seed wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you like the Cabot snack packs :) I love when the portioning is done for me! Great list here, thanks for including Cabot- our farm family owners appreciate it!
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete