Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring in the air?

These are some thoughts that I have had over the last few days.  They may seem like ramblings, but they make sense. I promise.

Is anyone else having a really hard time getting over the time change? I know it is only an hour, but my body is acting as though I have deprived it of weeks of sleep. 

But I will say that I am loving having the extra sunlight. The sun is no longer going down as I am getting home for work, which means that I can be more productive (although the amount of stuff that I am grading is not changing. I have to put my foot down somewhere).

Plus- I don't know where you live, but in DC, it is starting to get warmer. It is still in the 30s when I go to work, but by the afternoon it is usually in the 50s, which means I can walk to my car without my coat!

Do you know where all this is leading? Spring is on its way and with that comes the chance to spend more time outside (although I tried to go kite flying the other day. No go. It was too cold!)! I am so excited to be able to hop on my bike and ride to the Capital or to Mt. Vernon (I have only done that once, but I like the thought that I can). And play softball outside (I am joining a league this season!) or sand volleyball (there is usually a group that gets together on Saturday mornings). 

The point is to be outside.

So get out there and enjoy the sun! 
But don't get sunburned. It's still too early for that.
 
This is what DC looks like in the spring. I am so excited!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear. Just the other day I was telling my friend how I would give anything to be in DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival this year...and then you taunt me with this. Sad day.

    ReplyDelete