Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recovering and Finding Success

Welcome back!

Have you recovered from the holidays? I am still catching up on my sleep, but my eating has gone back to normal.

Did you notice (between feedings) that your body wasn't hungry? That you were eating because it was there or because you were at a party or because your [fill in relative here] kept filling your plate with food?

Did you stop working out? Did you become a lump on the couch, watching holiday movies or talking to friends or taking a nap?

Did you miss out on sleep? Did you stay up until 2 am watching home movies with your family or partying it up during New Years' or just because you had no where to be the next day?

I did all of that.

And I have suffered. My body aches. I have had a headache for days. I even came down with the flu.
Thankfully, the holidays ended just as my body was getting fed up with me.
As I got back to DC, I RAN to my Weight Watchers meeting, weighed in (and screamed), and am 100% back on track with my "healthy living". It seems that my body can't handle greasy food, lack of sleep and lack of movement. Look, I am growing up!

Or, perhaps you did none of the above and you were able to keep control during the holidays. If this is you (and I know there are a few of you out there. I even know of one woman who lost weight!), congrats!! You amaze me and are an inspiration to me!

I am thinking that 2011 is going to be an amazing year. I think that I am finally getting it. You know, that my body functions better and feels better when I treat it nicely (and nicely does not mean to feed it chocolate 24/7). Hopefully, with my goals in place and my determination, I will find the success that I am looking for and can end the year (12 months to go!) right.

No comments:

Post a Comment