Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hello, my name is . . .

The first post is the weirdest hardest. When asked to contribute to this blog, I was very excited. I think the idea of having several women share their personal struggles and triumphs with healthy living is inspiring.
So, Hello! My name is Ashlee. I’m a full-time mother of one beautiful 23-month old baby girl and another beautiful baby girl to be born this August. My husband and I have been married for 3 years. He’s recently been commissioned as an Officer in the NOAA Corps, a big blessing and huge trial all rolled up into one nice, government-employee package. I’m basically a single mom for half of the year…, well, more like 220 days of the year. This lifestyle is new for us and we’re coping. Hesitantly. Gradually.

So who am I? I’m certainly no nutritional expert or life coach. I’m a mom, and by so being I wear many hats. So far today I am a maid, carpet cleaner, dish washer, personal chef, doctor, preschool teacher, dog walker, writer, photographer, and TV critic. Being a stay-at-home mom is the hardest job I have ever held. Ever. Ever ever ever ever. There are many challenges and one of the biggest is getting my daughter to eat healthy foods. And resisting ice cream.

I’m not going to lie to you. I LOVE ice cream. Actually, I love most things that contain refined sugar. I also love fried things. And you know what my favorite things are? Doughnuts. The beautiful marriage of fried and sugar. So basically, I’m not some granola toting, raw food eating, perfect example of health. But everyday I try to be better and everyday I fight my dragons (chocolate covered dragons are the worst).

And that’s what I’ll be sharing with you. My fight.

2 comments:

  1. i love that you included tv critic in as part of your job description. :)

    ReplyDelete