Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

An Announcement...

After a couple weeks of slacking, I am back. Seems like some exciting things are going on with these bloggers!

I myself have some exciting news to share...

I am just over 3 months pregnant! yay :)

But no worries, I will NOT turn this into a pregnancy blog. I would, however, like to share some thoughts about how I feel about my body now...

First of all, I've never been extremely obese, but nor have I ever been extremely thin (not in the genes people...). In fact, since I was a teenager I've been making some very conscious efforts to watch my weight. I've had ups and downs, but in the past couple years I've been decently happy with where I was at. I must say, that as excited as I am about this little bean I'm carrying, I am really dreading the weight gain. According to my doctor, someone with my 5'4" frame should only gain about 25lbs. And that should be achieved by only eating an extra 300 calories a day (which really isn't all that much). I just am afraid that it will be easy to spin out of control but be very difficult to get back into shape...

I'm trying to change my focus though: I'm not "eating for two", I'm not even eating for me - I'm eating to grow a tiny human. That's made me think twice about what I put in my body, because I want this thing to be healthy (doesn't mean I haven't splurged a little though :)). I think a lot of this journey will be mental - having a positive attitude, not focusing on "feeling fat", feeling "in control" of my body, not giving myself too many excuses to indulge or be lazy.

Any of you have thoughts, suggestions, advise, for a healthy pregnancy???

1 comment: