Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back on the wagon

Hey there!

You know, during this break that I had from writing on here, I found myself wondering if it did me any good. Writing on a healthy living blog can be a challenge, especially when you aren't doing the "healthy living" you are supposed to be preaching about. 

I have a confession to make. 

I fell off the wagon.

Here is a picture
Urgh

But then, I went to Spain for the summer with my study abroad kids.  And something weird happened. I was walking 6-7 miles a day (I had a million and a half errands to take care of everyday). I was eating smaller portions because I didn't have time to eat big meals. And I made sure to include a ton of fruit in my diet.

And guess what?

I came back 27 lbs lighter.

Me and The Man
Now here is the thing. I came back to real life, and a full time job where I can't just pick up and walk 6-7 miles. I was searching for a place to live, I start seeing someone and life took over again.
Right now I am in the awkward phase where I keep losing and gaining the same five pounds over and over again (Oh, and let's not forget the Holidays. They get me every time!) And Le Boyfriend doesn't help because he is a major chocoholic and candy guy. 

What is a girl to do??

Instead of crawling in my bed and covering myself in blankets, I have decided to be a mature adult and attack. 

I am going to cook healthier meals.
Go to yoga once or twice a week
Play volleyball once a week.
Go to Zumba twice a week. 
Swim once or twice a week. 

And I am going to walk more. 
And when the weather gets warmer I am going to ride my bike to the store.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that I am absolutely thrilled to be back here, writing and having some accountability of my health goals.

I didn't write any New Years Resolutions, because I always feel like a failure when I don't do them. 
Instead, I am making a goal for healthier living.

Glad to be back.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo a boyfriend, and he likes candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tebow picture!! Awesome job losing the 27 lbs!

    ReplyDelete