Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Spinach Ricotta Bites

In my search for recipes to sneak veggies into my toddler's diet (and mine), I found this one over at Weelicious. Weelicious never disappoints, so I gave it a try.


I'm not going to write out the entire recipe because there were no changes from the original.

You can find the recipe HERE.

Why spinach?

Everyone who knows me knows I hate spinach. It grosses me out. Something about it... blah. But I know, as did this smarty pants, that spinach is one of nature's super foods. I want to be super. I want my family to be super. So we try spinach... over and over... until we can find a way to keep it in our mouths and out of the trash.

Did you know that calorie for calorie, leafy green vegetables like Spinach contain more nutrients than anything else? Researchers have identified at least 13 different flavonoid compounds that function as antioxidants and as anticancer agents. The nutrients in spinach can also help provide protection against osteoporosis, heart disease, colon cancer, and arthritis. To read more about spinach, visit the spinach page at The World's Healthiest Foods.

These little spinach ricotta bites are a tasty and sneaky way to get spinach into your diet.

So what's the verdict?


What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment