Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wait, its JUNE??

(Just as a warning, this post is a smorgasbord of thoughts)

How was everyone's Memorial Day Weekend?

Hope you all had a fun time. I spent the weekend at a lake in Maryland (Deep Creek Lake). I go every year with a group of friends and we rent a house and have all sorts of fun.

 Aren't we a good looking bunch!

Anyway.

At one point during the weekend, a bunch of us were sitting in the hot tub, commenting on how much weight we gained during the weekend (for some background info, there is candy everywhere. Chocolate chip cookies, trail mix, Cheeze Its, lemonade, cupcakes, pie....and then we have our regular meals).

Thankfully, I only gained two pounds. Which are coming off as soon as I go running this afternoon.  

Which leads me to my next point: I am starting the Couch to 5K program again. I did this a few years ago and was really successful (I had to stop because my knees started to act up). I never officially ran a 5K, but I was doing it regularly at my gym. This time I want to run in the Tunnel to Tower 5K in New York City on September 25th. So I have plenty of time to get my knees in running shape.

Speaking of goals, I started to freak out this morning because it is June 1st and I have not accomplished any of my fitness goals. Where has the year gone?? I told myself in January that I was going to be much lighter when I went to Spain this year. False. I am just a little lighter. So...I leave for Spain on June 27th and for the next 27 days, we are in full fitness mode. My new goal is to reach my goal weight by my birthday (if not before), which is November 27th. That should be plenty of time.

 In closing of this very random blog entry, my friends and I have a saying about working out during the summer. We call it Summer of Hot Bod. 

Everyone, please join me in welcoming Summer of Hot Bod (take four!). 

This year, we will be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment